Lenses are the basic element of corrective glasses. They provide high clarity of visual perception of objects. A prescription for lenses is written by an ophthalmologist depending on the pathology of the vision.
You can buy glasses with lenses of the following types:
1. Scattering. Designed to correct myopia.
2. Gatherers. Correct farsightedness. The optical power has a positive indicator.
3. Aspherical. They are used to correct vision for astigmatism. The front side of the lens is spherical, the back side is cylindrical.
Eyeglasses that correct these disorders are equipped with monofocal lenses. That is, they have one focus.
4. Bifocal lenses. have multidirectional diopters and help to see objects at a great distance at the same time and distinguish those nearby. With lenses of this type, you don’t have to purchase two pairs of glasses – for distance and reading. However, there is a sharp boundary between the far and near zone, and because of this, some patients experience tangible inconvenience.
With the best custom lenses, you can experience true freedom of vision! After all, individual lenses are created taking into account all personal needs. In their manufacture, individual parameters of the fit of the frame, the features of the recipe, and visual needs are taken into account. They can be either single vision or progressive.
1. For permanent wear
Progressive lenses allow people over the age of 40 to use the same glasses to work at different distances. Today it is the most modern way to correct age-related farsightedness.
2. For work (office)
Glasses with special lenses for near and intermediate vision are suitable not only for office work but also become a real lifesaver for many professions. Musicians, architects, teachers – in many cases, these glasses can be a great alternative to reading glasses.
3. Sports lenses (for curved frames)
Made specifically for installation in frames that have a sports (curved) shape. Also, these lenses are suitable for installation in sunglasses with a large bend. Sports lenses are made from super strong polymers.
4. Photochromic lenses
Photochromic lenses are lenses that automatically adapt to any light level. In the sun, such lenses darken and brighten indoors. Thus, photochromic glasses provide stress-free vision, including without annoying glare.
5. Lenses for drivers
Special single vision or progressive lenses provide the high-quality vision you need for driving at night and in bad weather conditions:
• make it easier to look at different distances,
• improve spatial orientation,
• provide a correct estimate of distances,
• clarity of color recognition.
Coatings and filters
1. Protective multifunctional coatings
Various special coatings are applied to the surface of polymer lenses to improve their consumer properties. Such coatings:
• increase the resistance of the lens surface to scratching;
• eliminate glare and false images on the lens surface;
• give the surface of the spectacle lens antistatic, water, and dirt-repellent properties.
2. Mirror coatings
• In the city and on the beach – fashionable mirror coatings will emphasize your individuality in any situation. You can choose different colors.
Coloring can be:
• Monochromatic – lenses are evenly tinted in one color.
• Gradient – the color of the lenses gradually changes from the darkest shade to the lightest, from top to bottom.
• Two-tone – the lenses are painted simultaneously in two colors, one either smoothly transitions into the other, or contrasts sharply with it. This is a rather bold and outrageous decision, aimed primarily at creating a certain image. Two-tone tinting does not bring practical benefit to vision, however, it doesn’t pose any harm.
At the stage of choosing glasses, it’s recommended to immediately share your wishes and lifestyle features with a specialist. A qualified ophthalmologist will tell you what options should be added for more comfortable use of glasses.
In addition, it’s better to select lenses based on the results of an eye examination. A prescription can become outdated over time, so it’s best to confirm it when ordering new glasses.